About Me

My photo
Well, what can I say? I'm pretty much awesome

Friday, April 27, 2007

Best deal ever!!!

So I'm going to the Camera Shop in Delray to return a filter my mom bought. It wasn't her fault or anything, it was just a misunderstanding. I wanted to get a filter for infrared. I come home and I see a red filter. Ughhh....

I go and ask about any other filters for infrared (since there are some that block most light and stuff like that). The guys tells me that he has no idea if there are any other filters, and he thought it would be alright if I used a red filter. So I leave unhappy and unsatisfied.

As I'm getting in my car, I realized that Age told me of another camera store around here. So I decide to lurk around and try to find it. Turns out, it was right next to the Delray Bru's Room, which I've been to a million times. Sweet!!

I walk in, and I'm amazed at how big the store is, and all the stuff they have. Jsut then, I see it. In a glass case, on the top shelf. SX-70. I've been wanting this camera for a looooooooooooooooong time, but didn't feel like spending $150 (which is how much one usually goes on ebay...a good sx-70, not a crappy one) on one since I'm not a millionaire. I didn't want to look desperate, in case the guy tries to trick me or something, so I acted calm, asked about infrared filters, hands me the perfect filter, stoked that I got it, I tell him I'm just gonna look around.

So I'm looking at all the books and stuff for sale, stuff not for sale, stuff. I come back to that glass case and just stare at it. There are stickers on it that say something like PX124, "manual, flash, case", and 60. I'm thinking this is going to be a lot of money. I then make myself a commitment. If it is under $100, I'll take it.

I ask the guy if they are selling the camera (remember, I'm acting calm, so this was like a "Oh...uh...hey...you selling this right here?"). The guys comes over and starts telling me info about the camera that I already know. He tells me it is really hard to find the right film for it. I tell him, and kind of ask him at the same time, about a method to use regular polaroid 600 film. He tells me that it wouldn't work. But I knew.

So after talking about it, I ask about the stickers. Turns out, the whole package was only $60! And it came with a bunch of stuff. Two flashes, the camera, manuals, the camera case, and the bigger carrying case (which is probably the most expensive item of all of them). I calmly say, "Yea...uh...I'll take it".

Definately worth the price. Check out my flickr for some shots I've taken.

No comments: