About Me

My photo
Well, what can I say? I'm pretty much awesome

Monday, January 01, 2007

Hello 2007, my name is David

Wow. What a dumb weekend. It all started Thursday (which I am counting as part of the weekend

for the sake of its my blog and I really don't care about you), that's when my "slave work" began, when was scheduled to close Thursday through Sunday (yay...).



Thursday wasn't that big of a deal. It came. It went by...slowly. It was over.



Friday, on the other hand, was something else. It came. It went by...this time, at little bit busier, and everyone was complaining as it went. And finally, it was over. I was pretty much dead after this. Good thing I worked again on...



Saturday was pretty much the worst out of all of these days. I already knew that there was going to be a UFC fight going on. And that a party of 40 was suppose to come in. AND also that two training managers were working by themselves. But what I didn't know, was that it was going to be packed before the dumb fight even begun (about 5 hours before the fight, too!). I also didn't know that I was basically gonna have to work all by myself since I had the two "best bussers in the world" helping me out. God...well, hold on. I've gotta give some slack to one of them. He's actually pretty good, but that night, he wasn't at his peak. THE OTHER ONE, OH MY GOD, HE'S PRETTY MUCH ON EVERYONE'S HIT LIST, IF NOT AT THE VERY TOP OF THEM. So yeah...it came, took to long to go by. And finally (I really was crying for it to be over), it was over.



Now Sundays aren't usually that bad. You know, I close, which means I also bar-back, which means I make a few extra bucks (depending who is bartending). But this Sunday already pissed me off. On account that it was New Year's Eve and I'm suppose to work? DUMB! But my mom, sister, and Ash love me so much, they planned on spending the night with me, at work.



SIDE NOTE: According to of my fellow employees, New Year's Eve has always been the slowest night of the entire year. And with that, the manager usually can run the entire restaurant normally with just the bartenders and one cook.



So I'm excited, thinking that I won't be doing anything. Just chill, you know? But unfortunately for me, this new year's eve was set on a Sunday, also known as he day of...football. So I walk in to the restaurant, and I'm confused because I see that it is a little bit busy, with people drinking, ordering food, and watching whatever game is on. So I'm still thinking that I won't be doing anything, and I forgot that I'm suppose to be bar-backing and what-not. Needless to say, about an hour into working, I was swamped with "little things" to do (clean

this table over here, then that table over there, check for bar glasses, check the bartender's bustubs, pre-bus this table, then that table, etc.). I was running around so much, that time was just a stranger, and I didn't bother paying any attention to it. Finally, after running around so much, 11 o'clock came around. Along with it, came my mom, Ash, my sister, and ("oh yea, I forgot to tell you" - my sister's excuse for what I'm about to tell you) ALL OF THE DRAMA DEPARTMENT FROM SANTALUCES HIGH! I felt so bad for the server, I had to help her out. Well, everyone is waiting for midnight, the bartenders are needing things less as midnight approaches, and my decision for the next hour was to spend time with my people. We all wait in the final seconds of 2006.



5...4...3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR! Everyone is hugging everyone, kisses are going to their designated lover's lips, shots are going around, alcohol is killing pretty much everyone's liver, horns blowing, and everyone is happy together for about 10 minutes. After that, mayhem continued as everyone decides to leave. Well, not everyone. Everyone that was already here, decided to leave. Everyone from everywhere else, decided to come inside and try to spend their first hour in Bru's Room. So, back to my running around and killing myself, which doesn't stop until closing time (which is at 2 A.M. for all of you that don't know). Finally, Sunday came, killed me as it went, but it is finally over. Now I'm dead, body is gone, but hey, I'm (about) $400 richer because of this dumb weekend.

(4:45 A.M. EDIT:I just spent about half an hour counting my money I made, and it came to $497. Siiiiiiiiiick. This is why I still work at this dumb place)

So, as hard as it may seem, 2006 is finally over. We all said our goodbye's. Now let's welcome 2007 into our world. Hopefully, it'll be better. Hopefully...



Here are some pics of New Year's Eve night:

Here's what you get when you hand the camera to your mom, without setting the camera to "easy mode":


Group pic 1

Group pic 2

Group pic 3

Me and Daniella

Finally, after hearing her say,"D, the pictures aren't coming out right", I "fixed" the camera and now, better pics:


Me and Daniella 2

Me and Ash...awwwwwww

Me, my mom, and Daniella

CHOMP!

"So uhhh...you guys 18 or what?"

but seriously, this guy was so wasted, and tried to hit on any girl he saw, even my Ash. He stayed till the whole restaurant was done, and pretty much passed out on the bar. I'm not sure where he went, but who cares....right?



1 comment:

ta said...

sick photogs by momma dukes......and a nice lump of money i'd say.