About Me

My photo
Well, what can I say? I'm pretty much awesome

Monday, June 11, 2007

Dot Dot Dot

I woke up this morning, hoping today would be different.
Instead
all my memories came back to haunt me.
I stared at myself in the mirror
with each stroke of my toothbrush
only thinking of all the times you "made" me
brush them.
I passed each and every shirt in my closet
thinking of how many times I worn it,
according to you.
I sat in my car, and could not stop trying
to place my hand on your leg,
only to feel empty space, and AC cool air.
I passed by all your favorite restaraunts,
as well as all the fast food joints
you've always hated.
The tunes coming from my speakers
were songs you were in love with,
which made me love them.
Every road was a significance,
whether it was the road to your work, house,
or a road we passed by.
Our "first moments" always occur
in my memory as if
they had just happened.
There is not one moment of my day
where you are not somehow in my mind.
And the thing that is troubling me
is figuring out if this is leading me anywhere.
It could be showing me the truth,
or it may be showing me what I have lost.
There is no ending to this curse.
No cure for this cold.
Only more and more memories
for me to relive, only this time,
alone

No comments: